TAPPI Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Scholarship
Purpose: A scholarship fund has been established in support of underrepresented populations which include, but are not limited to African American, Native American, Hispanic, and Latinx, Asian, Pacific Islander, LGBTQ+, and People with disabilities. All applicants must be students enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program, and demonstrate an interest in a career in paper, pulp, tissue and packaging.
TAPPI plans to award three $1000 scholarship annually.
Scholarship winner(s) will also receive:
- One-year complimentary TAPPI Student Membership
- Complimentary registration to attend a TAPPI conference within one year of receipt of scholarship
- One year of mentorship from an industry leader within TAPPI’s membership
- Full-Time Student or Part-Time Student with a minimum 11 credit hours
- Identify as part of an underrepresented or minority population.
- Seeking a career in the pulp, paper, packaging or converting industry (e.g. engineering, human resources, marketing, finance, IT, etc.)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
The purpose of the TAPPI Scholarship Program is to recognize academic excellence, increase awareness and participation in TAPPI’s member groups, and to attract talented individuals to the industry segments that TAPPI serves. If you are pursuing an education in the paper and related industries, then TAPPI has many scholarships for which you can qualify. Each scholarship can help to open a window of opportunity for you to achieve your personal, educational and professional goals.
TAPPI is the world’s largest association for the paper and related industries that
- Collects and disseminates technical information and technology updates
- Promotes professional growth and competence in the workplace
- Enables employers to address issues of industry concern collectively and cooperatively. We encourage you to take advantage of the TAPPI scholarships and to apply for all of those for which you may qualify. And we wish you well as you pursue your goals within the increasingly important and challenging fields of today’s paper and related industries.
What happens next?
To qualify for the scholarship, complete the application on Survey Monkey Apply by October 7th. Following the closing date, a designated committee reviews all submissions to select the top candidates that complete the requirements. When winners are selected, all applicants will be notified.
If you are not chosen this year, please visit back next year to reapply improving your application where you see fit!
For support or additional question contact: firstname.lastname@example.org